søndag 10. mai 2020

Books I read (1) Triathlon


I think I will, now and then, and for sake of rememberance, make a note of inspiring books I read. In my basement I have a personal "library" with over 1.500 books collected over 60 years. Most of them general adventure-books, though many also deal with sailing, running, triathlon, paddling, motorcycling, science, etc. Reading good books in my genre is for me vital. So to not forget I will "log" a few now and then.



Starting with two books from Andy Holgate with the smashing title of 1) Can't Swim, Can't Ride, Can't Run with undertitle, From Common Man to Ironman, and 2) Can't Sleep, Can't Train, Can't Stop with undertitle, More Misadventures in Triathlon. Two amazing, funny and most inspiring books that I really enjoyed reading. 10 points out of 10! Andy was overweight and could hardly swim, did not own a bike and suffered from two dodgy knees. But after his life changing journey to become an Ironman, he managed to complete this hardest one-day endurance race in the world. Swim 3.800m, bike 180 km and run 42,2 km.

Ingen kommentarer: